TLUSA Troop Numbers are many times taken from Scripture verse references
- 2 Samuel 10:12 – “Be strong. Let’s be brave as we fight for our people and the cities of our God. The LORD will do what he thinks is best.” NIrV
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Psalm 26:11 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me (KJV)
- Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. (NIV)
- Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
- Psalm 100:3 Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture.
- Psalm 119:9 "How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word."
- Proverbs 27:17 “as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
- Isaiah 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
- John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- Romans 14:18 Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. (RSVCE)
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
- 1 Peter 1:16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
- 1 John 3:18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
Note: The English Standard Version (ESV) is used above, unless noted. Also some use troop numbers from their legacy organization or another meaningful number.